27, Jobless and about to be Broke. What should I do?

8:06 AM Unknown 0 Comments


What is happening to me? Weeks before turning twenty-seven I lost my job and now my savings are about to reach its final cents.

I say this is one of the hardest phases of my life. I, a 27 years old, single, jobless and stretching all the limits of my dwindling savings. I’ve been looking at job posting sites trying to look for vacancies sadly there is none that fits my job description/qualification and yes, asking salary. I’ve sent applications for oversees job vacancies and so far one has replied, and it’s a bad news, the others still no updates.

So what do I do now, I’ve been idle for two months. I am in a state of panic, my savings will not last long and I cannot accept that. Kidding aside, I really am in a panic, two months without an income is a really long time for me. Should I lower down my standards? Or better wait for what the future will bring?

A year ago, when I decided to join my friends in establishing a small company, my goals were set hard as stone. There is nothing to lose, but maybe something more to gain but things went rough at some point and we decided to stop for now.

I think we all thought this is not actually the right time (though we actually thought we are good enough, that we are strong enough to collide with the big names in the industry) some have their own priorities some are thinking of walking a different path, I myself is not satisfied. There is something missing, I am not satisfied, so when one accept a job offer somewhere, I thought that’s a sign to drop everything.

But that was two freaking months ago, summer has ended, a new school year has begun, I’ve been to different places this summer skinny dipping, pigging out, partying at every event, socializing with long lost high school friends, spend so much time with my family etc. is there something else that I didn’t do? Or is God preparing something for me? I hope so.

And this blog post is just one of my rants, one hot June evening, where the internet connection is so slow I can’t buffer the Korean Drama I’m currently addicted. Ciao!

Quote:
“The best things are never arrived at in haste. 
God is in no hurry; His plans are never rushed.”
- Michael Phillips

0 comments: