My Job Hunting Experience: Interview and Waiting for follow up Calls

11:56 AM Unknown 0 Comments


Tuesday came, I had two appointment in two different companies in the same area. The Australian owned company and a European owned company.

The European owned company has a great office and receptionist’s with pleasing personalities, plus the employees looked really professionals, the interviewer wasn’t late, she looks confident, asks great questions and everything went smoothly.

The first half of the interview is getting to know the applicant and your work experience. Questions like why did you leave the company, your previous salary and benefits, etc. will pop. This is also the part where the interviewer gives the applicant summary about the company. The benefits one will receive once he/she becomes part of the team, she also showed me around the office. Their pantry area is superb, the offices/room/floor for each team is great (man, each cubicle is equipped with MAC and some even have gaming consoles, a few offices also has a large television set with surround system) they also had a playroom, in fact their office is like Google’s office in some parts of the world.

The second half is the serious part where I think I did my best, but maybe they are not that impressed, can’t blame them, I don’t have a background on the position I am applying though I know a little bit about it, and they need someone ASAP.
And so, I didn’t get the position, but if one day they opened one that is related to what I do, I will definitely apply again, I am so in love with their working environment. They also said they will call me if a position related to my job opened, I can’t wait for that to happen.

Next, is the Australian owned company. This one is another great catch if you ever got the chance to become a part of their team, their office here is just about right, but they have other offices in Australia, New York, somewhere in Europe and somewhere else I already forgot.

Their staff is well educated, the working environment in professional yet friendly. The interview is a breeze, I didn’t had a hard time, (conceited aren’t we?) maybe because the interviewer is friendly and that he knows what he’s saying, he knows what to ask, maybe we are on the same wavelength.

The interview goes all about the job. I was offered with something exciting and new but is still related to what I do. We didn’t talk about the compensation package, but I know they’ll give what I deserve base on my qualifications and the position I will handle if ever I got in. I can’t wait for their call since at the moment there are other applicants lining up, I hope I got in.

0 comments: